Monetizing a website is essential because if you never take this step, you’ll never make any revenue. And without revenue….your business will ultimately fail. In most cases, people create a website and the first thing they do is put ads on their website in order to start generating revenue. But quickly, most people find that although ads do make them some money, generally speaking it isn’t enough money to quit their day job. In these types of situations, what do you do? How do you monetize a website besides ads in order to make significant revenue so that your business can flourish. This post will provide you with 7 great ideas to try on your own website to monetize besides ads that I’ve actually implemented and they’ve worked for me.
If you don’t know who I am, I want to start by saying I came up with this list because I do these things myself and make over $25,000 a month from a portfolio of websites I own. Interestingly enough, most of my income actually comes from Display ads so I’ve been able to make that work, but I make money in a lot of other ways as well.
Let’s jump into it.
1) Affiliate Marketing: Many different affiliates out there for anything your website is about. The key is to find the right one. Did you know Amazon.com has an affiliate platform? If not, that’s a great place to start because they have everything.
2) Consulting: Use your website to showcase your expertise and encourage users to contact you to setup consulting agreements. I’ve done this previously and recommend you setup packages of at least 3 calls/meetings to get them as a client for the longer term.
3) Sell an e-product: Course or book, whatever it may be, once you have enough visitors to your website you can have a digital product you sell that can make you a lot of extra cash. Some courses go for thousands of dollars, I recommend you start small and price something at around $9.99 – $19.99 to see how well you do.
4) Start partnerships to sell leads: Selling leads is a really interesting strategy that can make you a lot of money in the long run. I make about $10,000/year by selling leads and the only reason I was able to do this is I went out and tried to find partners to buy them. The best-case scenario is you find a nationwide company that will buy your leads individually or just pay a monthly retainer for all leads.
5) Sponsored Posts: Once your website is popular or has a high domain authority, it’s very possible to sell sponsored posts on your website. You can make some pretty decent money doing this, just make sure you don’t overdo it and charge a premium.
6) Create a membership program: This is a great way to make recurring income. Just make sure you offer enough value to your members to make the price worth it.
7) Sell products via Amazon FBA: This is a little different, but it’s something few people talk about. If you have a great ranking for a product in an affiliate article, an amazing way to increase the money you make is to source a product yourself and rank it above competitors. Then, push them to Amazon to buy the product and eventually you may rank #1 in Google and Amazon for a product. (I’ve actually done this). —–
My name’s Prof. Ron and my goal is to help you create passive income with online businesses and through investing. I’m not big on hype and won’t promise you overnight success, but I love to introduce people to a lifestyle where they can make money online while working from home. If you’re interested in learning how to earn money from an online business and then you could stick to thne website future post.